Saturday 29 December 2012

Christmas may be over but the merriment continues


Christmas has come and gone so quickly this year. My mum even tried to break the record for earliest Christmas decorations take down this year. Don't fret though - we held her in restraints until she promised to at least wait until tomorrow ^_^ (no parents or decorations were hurt in this Christmas spirit saving act). I don't know if anyone is the same or not, but I feel as soon as all trace of Christmas has left it's back to work as normal. I'd like to hold off work just that little bit more please.

I have had a lovely Christmas break and having my sister back for the holidays has been a blessing and sometimes a pain challenge. It wouldn't be Christmas without the occasional family disagreement though. Good news on the family front, this month my sister not only got accepted on the PGCE course at our local University but also passed both her exams so she is definitely starting in September 2013! Whoop ^_^. I have no idea how I am going to cope with four of us back in our family home though. Maybe NYR no. 1 should be to move forward with my arrangements to move out. Unlikely though, let's be honest!

I was slightly spoilt this Christmas with a gorgeous new tripod and monopod (free with the tripod apparently). I've been having a good play with it and already love it. I finally had a decent set up to try Bokeh and have been positioned in front of the fairy lights ever since. I still have so much to learn but I had so much fun having a good go and understanding what worked well and what didn't. Might have to have another session tomorrow before the fairy lights get hidden away for another 12months.

I'd love to see any Christmas posts that you've posted over December or any you've read and particularly enjoyed. Be back soon with a 'Hello 2013' type post to see in the new year and setting some goals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

designed with love by beautiful dawn designs